Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain
PROGRAM: Cultural, Archaeological.
GROUP SIZE: 1 – 7
DEPARTURE: Every day.
FREQUENCY: All year.
Book our 7 Colors Mountain Tour and visit Vinicunca , the majestic Color Mountain, listed by National Geographic magazine as one of the 100 places in the world that you must visit before you die, and one of the most visited tourist destinations in Cusco.
Venture into this incredible 1-day adventure through the Peruvian Andes, where you can:
- Walk along an enigmatic path that leads to the Apu Winikunka ( Vinicunca )
Observe incredible landscapes of the great Andes Mountain Range:
- Valleys, mountains, the Vilcanota river and the glaciers of the snowy Ausangate .
- Visit ancient towns of the great Quechua culture that inhabit the mountains.
- Get to know the inhabitants of the area who are busy in their daily activities.
- Appreciate hundreds of South American camelids (llamas and alpacas) grazing in their natural habitat. And with a little luck, maybe even vicuñas and condors.
- Connect your senses with nature and with the Apus (spirits of the mountains).
- And delight your gaze with the whimsical natural colors of the beautiful Rainbow Mountain that will leave you more than surprised.
The Mountain of the 7 Colors is located in the province of Quispicanchis, 5200 meters above sea level, in southern Peru. This important Inca shrine presents an incredible landscape beauty that captivates thousands of intrepid adventurers; who daily climb to its magical peaks to observe the colors of the mountain and to appreciate the most impressive panoramic views of the Vilcanota mountain range. And above all, to meet a challenge that: everything is possible if one wants it that way.
- Type of Tourism: Hiking, Trekking & Hiking .
- Duration: 1 day (Full Day).
- Service: Shared – Regular, with everything included.
- Difficulty: medium – moderate (1 hour of walking uphill and another of equal descent, on average).
- Period: April – November.
What does the seven colors mountain tour include?
- Pick up from your hotel in the historic center of the city of Cusco.
- Private Transportation.
- Professional guide specialized in mountaineering.
- Guided tour in English and Spanish.
- 1 buffet breakfast, box lunch or snack per traveler, and 1 buffet lunch in one of the most exclusive tourist restaurants in the Paucarpata – Cusipata community .
- Entrance ticket (entrance) to the hill of the seven colors.
What does the 7 colors mountain excursion not include?
- Food not indicated in the program.
- Additional expenses for weather problems.
- Extra passenger charges during the round trip, or during the trek to the colorful mountain.
- Raincoats or rain ponchos.
- Horse to ride during the trekking .
- Tips for your travel team.
- For the Full day in the mountains 7 colors we recommend you bring:
- Passport or Personal Identity Documents.
- Extra cash for your personal expenses.
- Waterproof clothing and suitable for trek height: long pants, shirts or long – sleeved shirts, windbreaker, warm gloves, wide – brimmed hat and shoes trekking .
- Sunscreen and sunglasses.
- Waist kangaroo or small backpack to carry your water, snack, cameras and other personal items.
- Personal medications prescribed by your doctor. And, in case of being under any medication, take your prescription.
- Camera and / or camcorder with extra battery.
- Rain poncho in the rainy season.
- To take this tour you must be in good physical condition and in good health. Since, the difficulty of this trek is medium – moderate; because it is about hiking above 5000 masl.
- If you suffer from asthma, high blood pressure or a heart problem, we recommend that you not take this tour. Remember, your health is more important.
- For your safety and comfort, take a tour to the Mountain of Colors after having acclimatized to the altitude and climate of Cusco. And if possible, make it your last tourist activity in Cusco, before your return home or departure to your next destination.